News Stratulat Albulescu
- Romanian Law now allows for dividends to be paid quarterly throughout the financial year
- Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law proudly announces the latest promotions within the firm
- Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law advised First Property Group plc on the acquisition of one of the most prominent office buildings in Cluj-Napoca, Romania’s second largest city and one of the most dynamic in terms of growth.
- New partner and Co-Head of Real Estate Practice Area at Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law
- Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law assisted Teads in the lease of their new office premises in Bucharest
RAMONA IANCU joins Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law as a specialist and widely experienced lawyer in general Corporate matters, Mergers & Acquisitions, Commercial, Competition, Antitrust, and State Aid. Ramona takes a proactive approach, and she possesses an in-depth knowledge of business affairs. Her practice areas cover primarily industry sectors such as Telecom & Media, Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals, and FMCG.
Ramona began her career at Vilau & Mitel Attorneys-at-Law. After a few years of gaining experience in litigation and in advising about Competition, Corporate, and M&A issues for a diverse array of clients, she moved to Popovici Nitu Stoica & Asociatii, one of the largest law firms in Romania. She advised several private equity funds, most of their investments in and exits from the Romanian market, including an instance of a merger control clearance component. She also provided day-to-day legal assistance to these investment companies.
Now, with more than ten years’ experience, she took a career leap by joining a crew here, at Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law, which prides itself on its enthusiasm and desire to bring together a first-class array of legal talent.
Ramona holds a law degree from the University of Bucharest and was admitted to the Bucharest Bar and the Romanian Bar Association in 2007.
A brief survey of Ramona’s experience reveals the following: (Recent Relevant Transaction)
• Coordinated the acquisition of the Romanian subsidiary of one of Europe’s largest manufacturers of fasteners, based in Sweden in 2017, by a French-based industrial supplier of fixing and fastening solutions for the construction market;
• In 2016, advised the founding entrepreneur of one of the leading Romanian and Serbian water-solution providers about the re-purchase of the business by a Swedish private equity fund, including expediting merger control clearance of the deal;
• Assisted a tier-1 Romanian DYI retailer about the intended acquisition of one of the largest office buildings project in Bucharest regarding merger control clearance from the Romanian Competition Council;
• Assisted a Swedish private equity fund about the acquisitions of various businesses in Romania, including (i) manufacturers of concrete precast elements for road, electric, and water infrastructure, and for building commercial, logistic, and production facilities; (ii) decorative paints and lacquers manufacturers; and (iii) the main Romanian supplier and installer of IT solutions for the retail and food industry;
• Assisted with the sale, by a leading Romanian courier services provider of its logistics operations, to a top national courier services supplier;
• Assisted with the sale of one of the top Romanian manufacturers of vegetable oils to a leading French manufacturer;
• Assistance during the acquisition, by one of the top worldwide French DIY retailers, of an Austrian DIY business in Romania regarding the merger control clearance;
• Coordinated various internal group restructuring projects, involving mergers by absorption in a time-sensitive manner, that involved various industry sectors such as decorative paints and lacquers, home and office water and coffee solutions, etc;
• Assistance on the acquisition by the largest private healthcare services provider in Romania of a high-end dental centres chain as regards the merger control clearance.
Ramona has also been an active contributor to various legal publications, such as:
• Romania Corporate M&A 2017 chapter for the Chambers Global Practice Guide;
• Romania 2017 article in Global Legal Insights to Cartels 5th Edition;
• Romania 2016 contribution to Global Legal Insights – Merger Control – 5th Edition;
• The European Antitrust Review 2015 – a Global Competition Review Special Report – Romania 2015;
• 2013 European Antitrust Review, a Global Competition Review Special Report – contribution for Romania.
2002 – 2006 University of Bucharest – Faculty of Law
2006 – 2007– Member of the Bucharest Bar and the Romanian Bar Association, diploma and license issued by the Bucharest University of Law
- Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Competition & Antitrust