News Stratulat Albulescu
- Romanian Law now allows for dividends to be paid quarterly throughout the financial year
- Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law advised First Property Group plc on the acquisition of one of the most prominent office buildings in Cluj-Napoca, Romania’s second largest city and one of the most dynamic in terms of growth.
- New partner and Co-Head of Real Estate Practice Area at Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law
- Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law assists Teads in the lease of their new office premises in Bucharest
- Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law advises Romanian tech start-up FROALA in their shareholders exit
Cristiana Fernbach, Head of our German Desk, specializes in practice areas that include Technology, Media and Telecoms including related Competition and Antitrust issues as well as Data Protection and Privacy Law, bringing to these fields over 14 years of experience and a talent for finding innovative legal solutions for those who design and promote these burgeoning technologies.
A couple of characteristics mark Cristiana: a strong aptitude for technology and a willingness to stand up for those in need of a powerful advocate. These traits have worked well for her as she has applied her technical skills and analytical thinking to her legal work as a specialist in TMT and Data Protection & Privacy law.
Before joining our firm, Cristiana assisted international clients with operations in Romania, advising on Data Privacy, Data Protection Compliance, Image Protection, Trademarks & Domain names, and other e-commerce related legal matters. She is a regular speaker at international seminars and conferences on IT, Data Protection and Privacy topics.
In addition to her technical and analytical skills, Cristiana speaks fluent English and German. After obtaining her LL.B. degree from Nicolae Titulescu University in Bucharest, she completed her LL.M. studies at the Freie Universität Berlin. Later she earned her MBA degree from Munich Business School. She has worked with a German law firm since 2005, both in its Bucharest and Berlin offices. In her Bucharest posting, she spent the last two years as the firm’s Coordinator of the Romanian IP & Technology practice.
She is a member of the AmCham ICT Committee, of the Netherlands Romanian Chamber of Commerce IT&C Committee and of the Entrepreneurship Committee of the Professional Women Network.
- Extensive advisory for an international retail chain on Cookies implementation, data privacy issues, general terms & conditions for the use of wireless local area network services (WLAN).
- Assistance of an automotive spare parts producer on data protection compliance issues, including internal auditing from a national and EU data protection legal framework perspective, designing compliant structures and internal procedures.
- Legal advisory for a forestry company regarding strategic advice on image protection, including asessment of the legal means to counteract public allegations in the online environment.
- Assistance of an American software producer on drafting and structuring IP and confidentiality agreements for IT professionals.
- Legal adivce for an online food delivery company on multiple license agreements, use of trademarks & domain names in a series of multi-acquisitions.
- Legal advice for an international producer of agricultural machines regarding the establishment of an e-commerce platform for distributors including adaptation of the general terms and conditions of use to the Romanian legal framework.
2011 – MBA in General Management, Munich Business School
2005 – Magistra legum (LL.M.) – Master in German and European Law at the Freie Universität Berlin
2002 – Legal studies at the NicolaeTitulescu University, Bucharest
- Technology, Media & Telecom;
- Privacy & Data Protection