News Stratulat Albulescu
- Romanian Law now allows for dividends to be paid quarterly throughout the financial year
- Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law proudly announces the latest promotions within the firm
- Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law advised First Property Group plc on the acquisition of one of the most prominent office buildings in Cluj-Napoca, Romania’s second largest city and one of the most dynamic in terms of growth.
- New partner and Co-Head of Real Estate Practice Area at Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law
- Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law assisted Teads in the lease of their new office premises in Bucharest
With over 15 years of legal practice experience, Ana Maria Kușak is a specialist in Competition and Intellectual Property, also being an Intellectual Property Counselor (attested by the Romanian State Office for Inventions and Trademarks) since 2004 and a European Trademarks and Designs Attorney (registered with the EUIPO).
Prior to becoming a partner in our firm, Ana has coordinated the competition & IP practice of Mușat & Associații (until 2006), Clifford Chance (until 2008) and has been a partner with Mareș/Danilescu/Mareș (until 2016).
Ana gained her wide experience in competition law by assisting international and prominent local clients in relation with various matters, such as complex clearances in M&A cases, antitrust issues (anticompetitive practices and abuse of dominant position) in various industries (transport, automotive, pharma, FMGC, just to name a few), State aid specific matters, etc. She has also developed antitrust compliance programs/trainings, tailored for the client’s specific needs.
Her extensive experience in the Intellectual Property field includes assisting both local and international clients in matters regarding complex copyrights and other neighboring rights issues in various industries, such as advertising, media, music, theatre and cinema, literature, public relations and corporate communications as well as in trademark matters, designs, counterfeiting matters and data protection and privacy.
Ana will take over the role of Group Coordinator and will lead the existing team in these areas that includes, among others, Managing Associate Ion Dorăbăț, Senior Associate Raluca Duhanes and Associate Elena Stan. The group also has substantial experience across the field of TMT and in Life Sciences.
She has been a Bucharest Bar member since 2002.
- Assisting one of the most important Romanian PR & communication agencies in various IP and commercial issues, including copyrights infringements, specific advice in the advertising and media sectors;
- Legal assistance to one of the most famous trademark-licensing companies in the world in relation with the protection of its trademark-related rights in Romania;
- Assisting one of the top international media and advertising group in various commercial matters, including review and negotiation of commercial agreements, data protection, protection of copyrights;
- Assisting a Romanian artistic representation company in various IP matters, including copyright protection, drafting and negotiating complex agreements for various Romanian artists in the music, cinema and theatre industry;
- Assisting a Romanian beverage producer in relation with various IP-related issues, including the European registration of their trademarks;
- Assisting one of the most important automotive players in the world in relation with competition aspects of the business;
- Assisting one of the most prominent players on the canned-products Romanian market in various commercial and IP-related issues, including managing its significant trademark portfolio and representing its interests in the process of registering the second European Protected Geographical Indication in Romania;
- Legal advisor for the most important private railway freight transport operator in Romania in relation to its multi-million acquisitions of various companies in the industry. The mandate consisted of filing for and obtaining the Competition Council’s clearance;
- Legal advisor to the public TV station in relation with several intellectual property issues, including representation in various litigations;
- Legal assistance to famous Romanian producer in relation with the protection of its intellectual property rights over the first European Protected Geographical Indication in Romania;
- Assisting one of the important international players on the pre-paid products and solutions/operations market in relation with various commercial issues and day-to-day business;
- Legal advisor to one of the most important Romanian software developers on various corporate/commercial and competition issues related to the acquisition of 70% of its share capital by international investment fund;
- Legal advisor to one of the top players on the energy-related products market on several corporate/commercial, IP and litigation issues;
- Legal advisor to famous media holding on several corporate/commercial and intellectual property issues;
- Legal advisor to one of the most important players on the Romanian entertainment market in relation with corporate/commercial matters and various litigations;
- Legal advisor to a leading Romanian construction company on various commercial/corporate matters (including commercial agreements) and several litigations;
- Legal advisor to an international telecom company in relation with competition aspects of the acquisition of another company in the industry;
- Legal advisor on competition matters, including a seminar on the concept of dominant position and potential abuse of such, to one of the biggest players on the glass products market in the world ;
- Legal advisor to one of the most important players on the steel market in relation with various insolvency litigations;
- Legal advisor to public heating company in relation with its restructuring process, including the write-off of its debts of more than Euro 1 billion.
2004 – Intellectual Property Counselor (trademarks)
2002 – Member of the Bucharest Bar
2001 – “Nicolae Titulescu” University – Faculty of Law
- Intellectual Property