Amendments on the status concerning the free movement of Romanian citizens abroad

The Romanian Border Police is enforcing new provisions regarding Under Age Romanians leaving the country. Under Age Romanian citizens being accompanied to a domicile/residence abroad, will no longer require a statement from parents/legal representatives. Proof of domicile or residence abroad will be provided with official papers. If an underage citizen is travelling to a country where they don’t have residence, it is still necessary for parents/legal representatives to grant permission for the trip. This permission is provided in a statement that is no longer required to be notarized.

Permission granted by parents/legal representatives for a minor Romanian citizen exiting Romania cannot exceed 3 years in term.

Stratulat Albulescu - Attorneys at law